Thursday, July 11, 2013

Eat your vegetables, please

                                                              Pickle me lovelyToday was a very production day in the kitchen. I find that I am the happiest and most continent working in that spot. Hours pass without me noticing till I look up at the clock and realize I've been at it for some time. Good stuff.The summer months at the farmers markets are crazy good. I have been scoring at the Wednesdays Leesburg Market. Beautiful produce, fruit and super nice vendors. Open from 3-6pm and is located at Va. Village Shopping Center, Catoctin Circle.I have started purchasing my bread from Bonjour La Parisienne. I love it and love its artisan look and taste. Great addition to the Cowbell.Westmoreland Berry Farm's fruits are so delicious. The strawberries last week melted in your mouth. This week I made a cherry almond coffee cake and black raspberry blueberry jam which I will use as a filling in homemade pop tarts.Potomac Vegetable Farm offers wonderful organic veggies. This weekend I will be serving up sauteed kale, squash and oregano on the veggies melts, add some mac & cheese and it is a taste sensation.Also made more tomato jam and pickled up some more veggies. If you know me, you know I love to pickle and make jam. I am going to get my Virginia certification so I sell jars at the trailer, will keep you posted.                                                                                                                          Market bountyFound this while cruising food blogs, yummy! Iced Mocha Green Monster Smoothie This icy drink is a hybrid between an Iced Mocha Coffee and a Green Monster Smoothie. Yield: 2 servings or 3 cups Ingredients: 1 cup coffee, room temperature 1/4 cup almond milk 1 small handful spinach 2 tbsp cocoa powder 3 large Medjool dates, pitted (or sweetener of choice) 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract 10 large ice cubes 1. Blend until smooth. Gulp. Cool down. Enjoy summer!                                Twinkle Bell Secret Dining FellowshipDon't forget about the July 27th. I have had fantastic response! The Chef's Table is booked, woot woot!!! but still have seats available. To get in touch with me,cheryl.615@hotmail.comcall me,304-433-7665or stop by the Cowbell at Lucketts, Friday, Saturday or Sunday 10am-5pm to sign up. Waiting to hear from you!XXOO,Cher
Source:http://luxetrailer.blogspot.com/2013/06/eat-your-vegetables-please.html

Eat your vegetables, please Images

Please Eat Your Veggies! (Soup) Recipe | Yummly
(730 x 410 - 48.61 KB - jpeg)

Cartoon "Eat your vegetables" - Headline Fun
(500 x 412 - 104.84 KB - jpeg)

Uncle Sam Wants You to Eat Your Vegetables
(620 x 829 - 93.56 KB - jpeg)

Eat Your Vegetables Day Card * Free Eat Your Vegetables Day Card * Eat ...
(338 x 377 - 45.94 KB - jpeg)

No comments:

Post a Comment